Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My First Magic Carpet Ride

Hey there mom and pops. Sox here. I don't know if you know this, but I have heard that my sitters are on their way to a particular country in the East--Ruffdia (There's a hint in there...) C & V were talking to me about "Ruffdia" the other day and I was just fascinated. I wouldn't mind going to a place like that--I think that it would be easy to make friends. They told me that there are other dogs all over the place with the goats, cows, chickens, buffaloes, elephants, and camels all on the streets and in the houses--all with the people! I would like to go there eventually and make some more friends. I have never seen a camel in our backyard or anywhere in Bucks for that matter. You may ask what about all this talk on "Ruffdia?"Well, since I have been sleeping upstairs, I have found a new favorite rug. It is right outside of the bathroom. V has found me asleep on the rug outside of their door in the mornings lately. (I sleep upstairs now that T & J are away for a short while.) Anyways, she was telling me that my new rug is a "magic carpet" from "Ruffdia". It sure is magic. That is the softest wool and cotton I have ever felt in all of my doggy years. I'll show it to you when you come home. They told me that if I learn to speak Hindi, Ruffaste (like Namasthe), that the rug would fly.

It snowed and iced a little bit today. It has been cold, but you know me--I love the snow. I asked C & V about the weather in Australia, and they told me that you were probably on the beach today getting a sun-tan. I look pretty tan in this picture, don't I???

I'm keeping watch over our deck, the grill, and our table. I'm making sure that my little domain is nice and tidy. I am still doing my rounds in the back yard, walking along the fence and barking at squirrels and deer.

I can't wait to stop taking the medicine. I threw up some on C the other night as he was "administering" me "my" pills. What does that word mean anyways--"Administer?" C told me that it was time for him to administer pills, and I turned my head, then my stomach. I actually didn't throw up--I rather spit up those nasty tasting things on his jeans--left a nice white stain on his right pant-leg.

To wrap everything up, basically when you come home and you see me flying around the house on a rug, it is only because I can speak another language. I love my magic carpet. I love you and miss you.

Sox

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Hi guys! Thanks so much for the pictures and blog- it really makes it fun to see the Sox updates!!

No beaches here yet- it's been an extremely abnormal cold (meaning low 70s) and wet summer....

We'll apologize in advance for the fact that you probably have to vacuum the magic carpet every day!!

P and S